Tuesday, May 8, 2012

♥ "you cannot write for children. they're much too complicated. you can only write books that are of interest to them. ” ~ maurice sendak


images via google.

just a few pages from a lesser known but equally marvelous
 maurice sendak book, chicken soup with rice.

i am very sad to hear about this great artist/author's passing,
but very happy to see his work popping up all over the internet today.

3 ♥ love notes.:

  1. aw i didn't know this one, love this tribute to his work. always sad when a favorite author passes, you know their work has truly come to an end

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Chicken soup with rice' is in the collection of tiny Maurice Sendak books that live in the bathroom, for reading in a bubbly bath. Sad that he's gone, but he lived a good long life and left us some incredible stories! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness I had this book! I didn't have Where the Wild Things Are (my mom thought it was too scary) but I did have this book! I remember it so clearly! I'll have to search it out.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!