Tuesday, June 30, 2009

♥ to feel most beautifully alive means to be reading something beautiful.




it is my belief that
there is nothing more glamorous
than being a well-read individual.

since i graduated from college,
 i have made a personal goal 
to read each + every book that strikes my fancy.
whether i hear about it on npr, or read about it on boldype
 i have an ever–growing pile of books that i add to more often than i deplete.
 i am on the constant lookout for the next life.altering novel,
and i truly believe that books are the very 
best accessory a glam girl could carry.

{apparently, so does caitlin at rebound.com,who had the novel idea
 of re.purposing old works into quirky new book.bags!
p.s. you can even send in your own book!! jenny linsky bag, here i come!!}



i often threaten my bestfriends that for my future bachelorette party,
all i want is a a bus that takes us to all the "hot used book spots!"
i am such a nerd. and i love it!

when i was a little girl, i used to have my father 
photocopy and enlarge my favorite r.l. stine fear street book covers to make posters. 
if only we had this site back then! (or internet for that matter!)



or how about making  those dust.collecting book piles go to work for you?
this funky invention, known as "the book stool"
allows you to strap together different configurations of books or magazines,
to make convenient side tables, stools or impromptu seating.



need a book recommendation?
check out the titles listed in my profile, or become my friend on goodreads.
happy reading!

2 ♥ love notes.:

  1. I saw that you are reading The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I just had the pleasure of seeing Junot Diaz interviewed in person. If you ever have the opportunity, do it! He's amazing, inspiring and hilarious. There are some great interviews of his on youtube as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i finished it! what a sad but true to life tale!! i read it for a book club and then missed the book club meeting! i really would enjoy hearing what junot diaz has to say about it. i think i saw him on tv, which is what prefaced my desire to read the book in the firsy place!!

    ReplyDelete

♥ tell me how you really feel!